Where Do You Want Crowds To Go?
So if you are reading this you have probably worked at events or have had some management responsibility for crowd safety at events and have worked at a number of these.
I have a question for you! Have you ever walked around your event in that tranquil time before the gates open and asked yourself these questions…………..
- Where do my customers want to go today and how are they going to get there?
- Can my customers get to where they want to safely and importantly allowed to go today?
- Have I worked out my flow rates and capacities to ensure that I can accommodate everyone safely?
- Have all my stewards the required qualifications and experience to cope and deal with anything that I might reasonably foresee occurring today?
- Can I deal with my worst case scenarios?
- Do I know what these might be?
- Can I cope if it all goes wrong?
Well are you?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Since 2009 TessCS have been working in partnership with England Athletics and Run Britain to provide traffic management (Chapter 8) training to Race Organisers and volunteers who are involved with running events across the UK. Our Chapter 8 course is for anyone...
Deputy Safety Officer role by Clive Doyle A league football match is set up and managed by the Safety Officer and the Stadium Manager. However the game itself is normally managed by the Safety Officer who remains for the duration of the event in the control...
Over recent seasons in the UK Football Leagues a creeping popularity for setting off flares in the stadium during football matches has occurred. Have you been at a match when this has happened? How close were you and how did it make you feel? We regularly assess at...
There are many ways to learn with The Tess Group
Get our course brochure