Sports First Aid response
The one day First Aid for volunteers at road and park events certificate course is a great introduction to first aid in a sports environment to gain the essential knowledge, skills and decisions for all first aiders in this sector. Especially addressing the influence of sports activity upon casualty care.
It is specifically designed to meet the needs of those involved in sporting events as: race organisers/marshals, group exercise instructors, coaches and volunteers
Certification is dependent on successful assessment during the course and passing a multiple choice question paper. Those who complete the course successfully are awarded a certificate that is valid for three years. The certificate entitles the candidate to be a Sports First Aider from date of issue.
There are no pre-requisites to attend this course.
Course content: Role of first aider
What this course includes:
- Communication and casualty care
- What to pack in your first aid kit
- Hygiene precautions
- Reporting and recording of incidents/accident
- Management of a first aid incident in an emergency
- Emergencies in public
- Communication and access for ambulance services
- Evacuation of a casualty
- Administer first aid to a casualty (child or adult)
- Primary survey #Unconscious casualty (including seizures)
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Head injury (concussion)
- Chest pains
- Extremes of hot and cold
- Minor conditions (cuts, grazes, bruises and splinters)
- Minor bleeding (face, mouth, tongue, loss of teeth)
- Management of fractures, sprains, dislocation, tendons, cramp.
Caught off guard and "numb" from the impact of a critical incident, people are often ill-equipped to handle the chaos of such a catastrophic event such as Manchester Arena bombing. This is equally true for those tasked with...
26 MARCH, 2018 Safety Crowds Event Management Those who work with crowds depend upon knowledge of crowd psychology in order to enhance positive crowd experiences, maintain safety and security, and to manage risks. During my studies in crowd science and safety...
12 JAN, 2018 Safety Crowds Event Management So if you are reading this you have probably worked at events or have had some management responsibility for crowd safety at events and have worked at a number of these. As part of your knowledge of and management of crowds,...