Course Title: Signing, Lighting and Guarding
Course length: 8 hours / 1 day
The Signing, Lighting and Guarding course will take your people to a trained level where you need accreditation recognised by Councils and Local Authorities to set up road works and closures. This course is certificated through City and Guilds and covers unit 2 of the Strretworks Excavation and reinstatement training programme.
It is a requirement of The New Roads and Street Works Act that operatives are trained and registered on the Streetworks scheme to carry out roadside maintenance and street works. The law puts a responsibility on employers that they should provide a safe and healthy environment for their employees.
Who is this for?
If your company needs qualified Streetworks operatives, who are required to work on the roads carrying out street works or road closures and diversions then this course is a must.
This course will give your people a qualification to the high level; with a minimum of 8 hours over 1 day. Ideally, the course can be run at your premises, but we have the flexibility to accommodate your specific needs should you business require it.
Our SLG Course Covers:
A range of subjects including:
- Understand all safety implications when carrying out street works, with particular reference to the protection of persons engaged on the works and avoidance of any danger to the general public
- Appreciate the need to maintain the free movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic when working on the highways
- Demonstrate the accurate arrangement of suitable signs, lamps, barriers and warning notices
- Recognise situations where the introduction of special actions may be implemented such as installing portable traffic signals, road closure and traffic diversions.
Why Choose Safe & Trained?
- Our experienced and knowledgeable trainers have delivered all ranges of first aid training from 1 day to 5 day advanced courses
- Our training is high quality and up to date, with the latest equipment and handouts for your people
- We are able to bespoke the course to your business industry, relating the examples to ‘real life scenarios’ to have added value to the training
- Your business will have a dedicated course co-ordinator to help you with the training for both booking and implementation
- Our first aid training has been described as ‘fun’ and ‘interactive’
Course availability: We are able to run this course at our own training facility in Northampton. Alternatively we can deliver the course your business premises. We run courses from a wide number of locations throughout the UK.
Course cost: Course booking: To book this course please call +44 (0) 1604 210500 or email TessCS@thetessgroup.com
CAR PARKING ATTENDANT COURSE Course Title: Car Parking Attendant half day/4.5 hours At Safe and Trained, we are able to: Equip your car parking operatives to: Safely direct vehicles entering parking areas Safely park vehicles in marked bays Safely park vehicles at...
CSAS Course Title: CSAS Course length: 38 hours / 4 days Tess Compliance and Safety regularly support and carry out CSAS training programmes across the country. Community Safety Accreditation Schemes are a means by which the Chief Constable of a police force in...
Chapter 8 for Supervisors Course Title: Chapter 8 for Supervisors Course length: 8 hours / 1 day Tess Compliance and Safety are highly experienced with all Traffic Management training requirements; including management. Our Chapter 8 for Supervisors course is designed...